FASHION, FOOD, EVENTS & TRAVEL

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Over the past few weeks I've been seeing more and more posts on Instagram and Facebook using the hashtag #100happydays. To settle my curiosity, I followed the hashtag and managed to get to the website 100happydays.com. If you haven't heard of it, the concept is very simple. For 100 days you have to take a picture a day of something that made you happy. This can be anything from a day out, to a visit from a loved one, to something as simple as a cup of tea after a long day at work.
The point that the 100 Happy Days team is trying to make, is that so many people in this modern world are too busy. So busy in fact that they forget to be happy along the way. It may seem like a bit of a self-indulgent idea, but the objective is not at all to show off. If you do this to show off, you've totally got the wrong idea!

When you know that for 100 days you need to document something that's made you happy, it makes you very aware of what really is making your life great. It sounds silly, but if you stop and think about how happy something is making you as you do it, it can really make such a difference!

Food makes me happy
You can choose the platform you want to display your pictures on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr) or if you don't want to show them publicly, you can choose to email your pictures to 100 Happy Days. Apparently after the 100 days are up we get a cute little book with all your happy pictures in it to keep! I'm all about feeling grateful for everything that makes you happy so this project is going to see me through these dark winter months and I'm going to feel even more happy and radiant on the other side!

The sea makes me happy
If you don't fancy doing this for 100 days, just take five minutes today to think about what really makes you happy and why it does. Trust me, one little thought like that goes a long way.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Nice to meet you...

My photo
The Sunny South, UK, United Kingdom
Welcome to the beach of my mind. All enquiries welcome... elizabettyspaghettiblog@gmail.com
Part of the next blogger network

Search This Blog