FASHION, FOOD, EVENTS & TRAVEL

Friday 14 March 2014

I have become a member of the (not massively) elite club of people who have seen the queen of pop and booty shaking herself: Beyoncé. On a cold morning in December, I was sat in my living room in my pyjamas anxiously waiting the call.. did we get the tickets? I swore if we'd missed them again this time I couldn't be held responsible for my actions, but my friend Phoebe is a ticket wizard and alas the call came: WE HAD TICKETS!



Three long months passed and at the beginning of March we managed to see our idol and leader in the flesh. I can't even begin to describe how it went, so I'll begin by discussing the dinner we had beforehand (natch). We chose to have a bit of GBK which was great because if you get the app, students get 30% off! I had "The Don" burger, which lived upto it's name quite well, however when I looked back at the pictures it looked more like a McDonalds style burger than a proper Don (like the one from my last blog post), so I haven't included a picture. We got a round of coke and milkshakes, as well as a load of sexy sides and not to mention you get FREE monkey nuts in GBK while you wait!







We were wearing these stickers on our head because we got told there'd be people walking around picking people wearing the stickers, who could get upgraded to the VIP area. Not wanting to miss out on that opportunity we decided to put them in the most obvious place possible. Sadly, whoever was picking people didn't see us, so our asses remained in the standard section.

So, onto the main reason why you're reading this post. It may sound cliché, but I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like it. We all know Beyoncé has one of those voices that's going to go down in history; it's so strong, while still being soulful but boy has that lady perfected the art of singing and dancing together. I don't think anyone could do that as well as she can. If the song was dancy like Crazy in Love, she got everyone boogying, but she also flipped our emotions over and stamped on them with this beautifully electrifying mix of Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You, followed by her own Halo and Heaven. There was moments where I couldn't stop myself moving, followed swiftly by an inability to move or even blink because I was so enraptured in her performance. This is all before I even mention the dancing. Absolutely un.real. I tried to do my best impression of an event photographer so I hope my pictures give you a glimpse into the world of a show; Mrs Carter style.






I absolutely love this picture! I'm so pleased with it!







Oh and did I mention Jay-Z came on to help his gorgeous wifey sing their duet Drunk in Love? No? Oh, WELL HE DID. IT WAS AMAZING. Their chemistry is RIDICULOUS and completely infectious.

The bottom line for this blog post is, if you ever get the opportunity to go see the Queen live, pleeease do it. I can promise you wholeheartedly you will not regret it. I'll go again in a heartbeat when she comes back to the UK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Nice to meet you...

My photo
The Sunny South, UK, United Kingdom
Welcome to the beach of my mind. All enquiries welcome... elizabettyspaghettiblog@gmail.com
Part of the next blogger network

Search This Blog