FASHION, FOOD, EVENTS & TRAVEL

Thursday 13 March 2014

A few weekends ago I took a day trip to lovely London to see some family. After being practically chained to my laptop and desk for as long as I can remember, it was so nice seeing some of my loved ones and to have a break from working.



We went for a walk around the South Kensington - Fulham area and ended up stopping for lunch at The Kings Arms on Fulham Road. As it was Sunday lunch, absolutely everywhere was rammed and this was the last of about 5 restaurants and pubs we looked into hoping to find a table. Luckily for us, this ended up being a fab little place to eat, with a great selection of dishes, all at pretty fair prices too. The place had a great atmosphere too, filled with locals popping in for a chilled Sunday drink and a few tourists like us too.





I had a cheeky glass of white and this burger which was just beautiful. Nice and pink in the middle, with lots of salad and pickles, served with a small but adequate portion of homemade chips. The star of the show for me, which to most of you will be rather underwhelming to read, was the tiny jar of mustard mayo they served with it. I've always had a funny mustard relationship, which if I'm frank was only in it's infancy, but THIS blew my mind at how tasty it was with the chips. So much so, I probably mentioned it about 10 times while eating, then a bit more on the journey back to the flat. I don't know why condiments come in and out of fashion, but they do, and I have a feeling this is going to be the next sweet chilli sauce. I've seen it offered in a lot of restaurants recently and I have to say, I love it.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Nice to meet you...

My photo
The Sunny South, UK, United Kingdom
Welcome to the beach of my mind. All enquiries welcome... elizabettyspaghettiblog@gmail.com
Part of the next blogger network

Search This Blog